Chef JJ adds his roots to this dish incorporating plantain chips in this fully loaded nachos recipe.
- 4-5 Plantains, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded Rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can of pinto beans
- ½ cup goat cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup cilantro, rough chopped
- ¼ cup pickled jalapenos
- ½ cup pickled red onions
- Pinch Piri Piri chili optional
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- HARISSA YOGURT INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 1 small lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oil in a large dutch oven or heavy-bottom saucepan until the temperature reaches 350 degrees.
- Shave the plantains thinly on a mandolin and begin to fry in batches. Make sure not to overcrowd the oil or they will not get crispy.
- On a small sheet pan (quarter size is preferable) begin the first layer of plantain chips followed by shredded chicken, Monterey jack cheese, pinto beans, and more Monterey jack cheese. Repeat with another layer.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top of the nachos and sprinkle cilantro over the top.
- Place the nachos in the oven at 450 degrees or broil until the Monterey jack has melted and the chips are slightly toasted.
- In a small bowl combine the yogurt, harissa paste, lime juice, and pinch of salt. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Remove the chips from the oven and cool slightly. Place dollops of the harissa yogurt on top of the nachos followed by pickled jalapenos, radish, pickled red onion, and an optional pinch of Piri Piri chili.
Chef JJ , Chef JJ Recipes , Just Eats recipes , Just Eats with Chef JJ , Just Eats with Chef JJ recipes , nachos , plantains , Recipes
Also On CLEO TV:
Also On CLEO TV
Chef Jernard Cooks The Ultimate Fried Chicken and Peach Waffles | New Soul Kitchen
Chef Bren’s Quick Hack To Making The Perfect Beans in Half The Time | Culture Kitchen
Chef Bren Adds This One Key Abnormal Ingredient to her Mouthwatering Oxtails | Culture Kitchen
Relax, Relate, Release | Thank You Black Women