Chef Jernard makes juicy, pineapple jerk chicken over rice. Plus, he reveals the kitchen cure for mealtime madness — cooking this dish in just 9 minutes!
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2-3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breasts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- Cooked rice for serving
- Mix the pineapple juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, allspice, parsley, thyme, paprika, cinnamon, crushed red pepper, and brown sugar to create a Jerk blend in your pressure cooker.
- Add in the chicken and coat with the mixture.
- Then lock the lid on the pressure cooker in place and select high pressure for 9 minutes.
- When 9 minutes are up, turn off the pressure cooker and use the quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Take out the chicken and place on a separate plate and keep the liquid in the pot.
- Select simmer/saute and bring the liquid up to a boil.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk cornstarch and water together to create a slurry.
- Whisk the slurry into the mixture in the pressure cooker and cook until the liquid thickens.
- When the sauce thickens to your liking, add the chicken back into the pressure cooker and coat with sauce.
- Serve the chicken with sauce over rice and garnish with herbs.
Also On CLEO TV: