Tamar Braxton was hospitalized Wednesday night after her partner David Adefeso reportedly found her unresponsive. According to several reports, Tamar ingested an unknown amount of prescription pills while intoxicated. She is reportedly in stable condition.
“Tamar has had a very tough and emotional day – more information will be coming in the next few days. Please pray for her,” said a spokesperson from the Braxton family.
This heartbreaking news comes on the heels of Tamar announcing her new reality TV show Tamar Braxton: Get Ya Life! “I’m not fighting nobody but the devil,” said Tamar in a clip from the trailer.
We actually caught up with Tamar around the premiere of her VH1 show, To Catch A Beautician. The embattled singer told us she was focused on self-reflection and changing the narrative surrounding her TV image.
“It’s been a long hard road for people to understand that television is television and who you are in your true life is another thing, but the responsibility is ultimately mine to try to be the best example that I can be whenever I am seen or portrayed.” She continued, “I would like to say the story is never over. There is always time to change your narrative. You don’t like who you are, you don’t like what you’re doing. If you don’t like the people you are around, if you don’t like what you do for a living then change it and get better – change the narrative.”
We’re praying for Tamar’s full recovery.
If you or someone you know needs mental health help, text “STRENGTH” to the Crisis Text Line at 741-741 to be connected to a certified crisis counselor.
RELATED STORIES |
Happy Birthday, Tamar Braxton! Here Are 10 Of Her Best Hair And Fashion Moments
1. TAMAR BRAXTON AT THE PRE-GRAMMY GALA, 2017Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. TAMAR BRAXTON AT THE 44TH ANNUAL DAYTIME EMMY AWARDS, 2017Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. TAMAR BRAXTON AT THE BET AWARDS, 2017Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. TAMAR BRAXTON AT THE SOUL TRAIN MUSIC AWARDS, 2017Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. TAMAR BRAXTON AT THE 26TH ANNUAL PAN AFRICAN FILM FESTIVAL, 2018Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. TAMAR BRAXTON AT NBA ALL STAR WEEKEND, 2018Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. TAMAR BRAXTON AT THE PRETTYLITTLETHING X KARL KANI EVENT, 2018Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. TAMAR BRAXTON AT WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE WITH ANDY COHEN, 2018Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. TAMAR BRAXTON AT WE TV'S "BRAXTON FAMILY VALUES" SEASON 6 PREMIERE, 2019Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. TAMAR BRAXTON AT WATCH WHAT HAPPENS LIVE WITH ANDY COHEN, 2019Source:Getty 10 of 10
Prayers Up: Tamar Braxton Hospitalized After Possible Suicide Attempt was originally published on hellobeautiful.com