We’re taking a look at some of the hottest LGBTQ+ pioneers showing up and showing out with their personal style. Whether it’s Billy Porter in a ball gown, or Jonica Gibbs in a two-piece suit, these celebrities aren’t holding back when it comes to exuding individual style on the red carpet.
Take a look at eight stylish LGBTQ+ pioneers killing the game:
1. Lena Waithe at the Billboard Music Awards, 2021Source:Getty
The writer, actress, and producer does menswear like none other. Here she is rocking a mint green Rich Fresh suit.
2. MJ Rodriguez at FX’s “Pose” Season 3 New York Premiere, 2021Source:Getty
Mj Rodriguez hit the red carpet in a peach John Paul Gaultier dress.
3. Jonica Gibbs at the Premiere Of BET’s “Boomerang” Season 2, 2020Source:Getty
Can we get into the beauty that is Jonica T. Gibbs? The Twenties actress attended the premiere of BET’s “Boomerang” Season 2 clad in an all black ensemble with a brown, white, and blue color block coat over it.
4. Dominique Jackson at the 71st Emmy Awards, 2019Source:Getty
Dominique Jackson is Mutha on and off screen. The actress looked radiant at the 71st Emmy Awards at Microsoft Theater clad in a gold sequins gown.
5. Billy Porter Spotted Out in NYC, 2021Source:Getty
Billy Porter was seen arriving to the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. The style guru stepped out in a casual slay, which consisted of a red top, black pants, and a stylish top hat. Although Porter is known to shut down a red carpet in a suit AND a gown, it’s fun to see him effortlessly tackle street style.
6. Janelle Monae at Chanel Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Fall/Winter 2020/2021, 2020Source:Getty
Janelle Monáe is a style icon — period. The singer turned actress loves to take all the fashion risks when it comes to what she wears. Here she is in Paris at the Chanel show as part of the Paris Fashion Week, dressed in garments by the designer.
7. Indya Moore at FX’s “Pose” Season 3 New York Premiere, 2021Source:Getty
Indya Moore is always willing to push fashion boundaries, and we’re so here for it. Here they are at the FX’s “Pose” Season 3 New York Premiere wearing an YSL suit.
8. Tokyo Stylez at the 2nd Annual American Influencer Awards, 2019Source:Getty
You’ve seen Tokyo Stylez behind the scenes, but when she hits the red carpet, she does it big! She attended the 2nd Annual American Influencer Awards giving old Hollywood glam.