The 2020 Sundance Film Festival kicked off last Thursday and, trust, Black Hollywood flocked to the mountains of Park Slope, Utah to enjoy the newest crop of indie films.
From the dark comedy based on a series of viral tweets Zola to the weave satire horror Bad Hair, and the Black romance drama Sylvie’s Love, there are plenty of films that were made by us, for us. That, and stars including Kerry Washington, Tessa Thompson, and Kelly Rowland, to name a few were front and center, giving us their best snow bunny steez.
Take a look at how our favs kept it warm and trendy:
Sundance Film Festival 2020 Style: Snow Bunny Steez on the Slopes was originally published on hellobeautiful.com
1. Tessa ThompsonSource:Getty
Tessa Thompson looks amazing at the premiere of her new film, “Sylvie’s Love.”
2. Tessa Thomson and Nnamdi AsomughaSource:Getty
3. Kerry WashingtonSource:Getty
The Emmy nominee is bundled up to support her husband Nnamdi Asomugha’s new film.
4. Kerry WashingtonSource:Getty
5. Kelly RowlandSource:Getty
The singer, who makes an appearance in the weave horror satire “Bad Hair” is killing this look!
6. Ashley Blaine and Kelly RowlandSource:Getty
The “Dear White People” star and the Grammy-winning singer all smiles at the “Bad Hair” premiere.
7. Kelly RowlandSource:Getty
8. Issa RaeSource:Getty
Issa Rae arrives at “A Lowkey Conversation With Issa Rae and Prentice Penny” Moderated by Bevy Smith
9. Bevy SmithSource:Getty
Television Personality Bevy Smith moderates “A Lowkey Conversation With Issa Rae and Prentice Penny”
10. Yvonne OrjiSource:Getty
Yvonne Orji attends the IMDb Studio at Acura Festival Village
11. Lena Waithe and Director Justin SimienSource:Getty
We see your Ivy Park Lena!
12. Jesse Williams and Taylour PaigeSource:Getty
The Grey’s Anatomy star was there to support his girlfriend Taylour Page, who stars int he anticipated drama “Zola.”
13. Taylour Paige & Jesse WilliamsSource:WENN
14. Zazie BeetzSource:Getty
15. Robin ThedeSource:Getty
Robin Thede attends the “Bad Hair” premiere
16. Robin ThedeSource:Getty
Robin Thede attends the HERstory presented by Our Stories to Tell at Firewood
17. Alexis ChikaezeSource:Getty
The co-star of “Miss Juneteenth” is one to watch, y’all!
18. Idris ElbaSource:WENN
19. Michelle HurdSource:Getty
The “Star Trek: Picard” actress was pretty in peach at the “Bad Hair” premiere.
20. Nicole BeharieSource:Getty
The former “Sleepy Hollow” star is back in this anticipated indie gem, “Miss Juneteenth.”
21. 2020 Sundance Film Festival – “Zola” PremiereSource:Getty
The Oscar-nominated editor for “Moonlight” looks excited to see “Zola.”
22. Directors Radha Blank & Justin SimienSource:Getty
23. Mike ColterSource:WENN
24. Alfre WoodardSource:WENN
25. Michael K. WilliamsSource:WENN
26. Kendrick Sampson, Alexis Chikaeze, Nicole Beharie and Director Channing Godfrey PeoplesSource:Getty
27. Joi McMillon, Elizabeth Haggard, David Hinojosa, Nicholas Braun, Janicza Bravo, Riley Keough, Taylour Paige, Colman Domingo, and Jeremy O. HarrisSource:Getty
“Zola” premiere during the 2020 Sundance Film Festival at Eccles Center Theatre