- 2 medium overly ripe plantains, divided
- 2/3 cups milk
- 3/4 cups water
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cups melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cups butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 8-oz container crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Start by peeling two plantains and cut them into large chunks. Place them in a blender and blend until it forms a smooth purée. Add the sugar, milk, water, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, butter, and flour to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for about 30 minutes.
- To cook the crêpes, warm a small fry pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon of butter. Once the butter has melted, pour in about 1/2 cup of batter. Tilt the pan so the batter spreads across the bottom, the bottom should be coated in a thin layer. Cook the crêpe for about 1 minute on each side, or until the bottom is light brown.
- Turn the crêpe with a flexible spatula. Slide the cooked crêpes to a plate lined with a paper towel or dishcloth.
- Whisk together the crème fraîche, honey, and lemon until smooth.
- Place a spoonful of the crème fraîche inside each crepe and roll.
- Serving Size: 4-6
breakfast recipes , Chef JJ , Chef JJ Johnson , Just Eats with Chef JJ , sweet plantain crepes recipe
Also On CLEO TV: