Chef JJ’s African black-eyed pea salad pairs perfectly with his Chicken Yasa with Fonio.
- ½ English cucumber, medium dice
- 1 small red onion, small dice
- 2 mini orange bell peppers, small dice
- 1 small jalapeno, small dice
- 2 cans black-eyed peas, drained
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro and parsley
- ¼ grapeseed oil or olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
InstructionsIn a large bowl combine the cucumber, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, black-eyed peas, lemon juice, herbs, and oil. Season with salt and black pepper and serve.