1. Use a filet knife to butterfly the pork loin and set aside.
2. In a 10-inch cast iron pan, add the butter and shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the sliced apples, rosemary, walnuts, cranberries, crispy bacon, brown sugar, and
4. Cook, stirring often until the sugar is dissolved and most of the liquid is evaporated.
Season with salt and black pepper.
5. Add the chicken stock and cook until reduced by half. Set aside and allow to cool.
6. Season the pork loin with salt and pepper and spread the apple mixture on the bottom
third of the pork loin.
7. Roll the pork loin into a cylinder and spread the olive oil evenly over the exterior of the
pork loin. Season with salt and black pepper and place on a rack in the roasting pan.
8. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
9. Place the pork loin in the oven and cook, for 15 minutes, or until the pork loin begins to
take on some color.
10. Reduce the heat to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to cook the pork for about 30
minutes, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest point registers 145
11. Remove from the oven, set aside to cool for 10 minutes before carving.