- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 inch piece ginger, rough chop
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, small dice
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, small diced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, small dice
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, small dice
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 eggplant, medium diced
- 3 cups tomato puree
- 4 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 pound black bass, cubed into 2 inch pieces 2 tablespoons cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, rough chopped
- Lemon pepper hot sauce (optional)
- Jasmine Rice for serving
- In a large heavy bottomed saucepan over medium high heat add oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once the oil is hot add the garlic and ginger.
- Add the onion and peppers to the pan and cook until soft and season with salt.
- Add the curry powder and smoked paprika and stir to combine, frying the spices slightly to bring out their natural flavor, adding more oil if needed.
- Add the eggplant and continue to cook until softened. Then add in the tomato puree followed by 1 cup of water if too thick and mix to combine. Cover and bring to a simmer for about 8 minutes, then add in the vegetable stock.
- Add the bass into the stew and bring up to a gentle simmer for about 10- 12 minutes until the fish is tender and flaky. Finish with cilantro and season with salt to taste and serve alongside Jasmine rice.
- Serving Size: 4-6
Black Bass Seafood Stew , Chef JJ , Chef JJ Johnson , easy one pot dish , Easy Recipes , Just Eats , Seafood recipes
Also On CLEO TV: