- 2 cans (19 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained or homemade beans
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of sliced green onions
- 4 leaves of minced cilantro
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add scallions, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add beans, chili powder, lime juice and 1/4 cup chicken stock and honey or brown sugar. Cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper garnish with cilantro.
Chef Jernard , Chef Jernard Wells , Cilantro Lime Black Beans , Latin food , New Soul Kitchen , New Soul Kitchen recipes , Recipes
Also On CLEO TV: