- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons agave
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients except oil in a food processor.
- Blend until parsley is finely chopped, but not pureed - Alternatively chop parsley by hand.
- Transfer into a small bowl. Add oil, gently stir. Set aside for 30 minutes before use, overnight is even better!
- Take steak out of the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Heat Cast iron skillet with 1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil over high heat until smoking.
- Sprinkle each side of steak generously with salt and pepper.
- Add steak and cook to your liking.Transfer to a plate, for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Cut thin slices against the grain and garnish with sauce and serve with chimichurri sauce on the side so people can help themselves.
Bren Herrera , Chef Jernard , chimichurri sauce , flank steak , Latin food , New Soul Kitchen , Recipes
Also On CLEO TV: