Crab Stuffed Catfish with Cajun Sauce by Chef Jernard
Chef Jernard makes delicious crab-stuffed catfish with cajun sauce. Plus, he reveals this tip — using parchment paper — to make your catfish super flavorful. Watch a preview below:
- CATFISH INGREDIENTS
- Avocado oil
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can crab meat, drained & flaked
- 1 cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Catfish fillets (about 2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- CAJUN SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F; coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat.
- Add celery, onion & parsley, and sauté until tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in crabmeat, ½ cup bread crumbs, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, and smoked paprika.
- Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over fillets. Season filets with garlic, onion, smoked paprika salt & pepper. Then spoon crabmeat mixture evenly over the filets.
- Starting from the small end, roll up each fillet, jelly-roll- style. Place the rolls seam side down in a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and serve with the fish.
Also On CLEO TV: