No matter the weather, Chef Jernard shows us how to prepare a comforting and creamy tomato basil soup in under 15 minutes.
- Olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 3-4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely minced
- 3/4 cup loosely packed basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes, pureed
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1-1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
InstructionsHeat a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat add the olive oil and butter. Then add the garlic, half of the basil, brown sugar, and whisk to combine sauteing for 2-3 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato puree, chicken stock, onion powder, and garlic powder. Blend the ingredients together by whisking. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the heavy cream, stir to combine, and place the lid on the pot. Bring the soup up to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes. Serve the soup with more basil.