Chef Jernard makes deep-fried lobster tail. Check out the recipe below. Plus, add his sweet potato grits recipe with this dish.
- LOBSTER INGREDIENTS
- Canola oil for frying
- 4 lobster tails removed from shells and cut up into chunks
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- TEMPURA BATTER INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cup seltzer water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large mixing bowl add all tempura ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Cut the lobster tail down the middle and remove meat. Cut the meat into big bite-sized chunks.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Dip the lobster into the tempura batter coating well. Sprinkle the panko over top of the lobster.
- Deep fry a few pieces at a time for 3-4 minutes. Don't overcrowd and make sure the grease is hot. It should be about 350 degrees.
- Remove lobster to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan
- Add creole seasoning, 1 teaspoon of parsley, and squeeze one half of a lemon into the pan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and pour over lobster and sweet potato grits (see the recipe for sweet potato grits).