- Total: 3 h
- Recipe Yield: 20
- ¾ cup boursin cheese
- 1 ½ pounds boneless short ribs, shredded
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, whisked
- Mix together short ribs and cheese in a medium bowl.
- Take a wonton wrapper and spoon in half a tablespoon of filling. Brush all four edges with egg wash.
- Fold the wonton over into a triangle, then taking both of the longer flaps fold them onto themselves kind of like the edges are crossing one another. Pinch the overlapping layers to seal and repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Pour vegetable oil into a Dutch oven and place over medium high heat until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Drop wontons in one at a time, careful not to splatter. Once the wontons are golden brown, remove from the pot with a spider or perforated metal spoon. Rest on a sheet rack or on a paper towel to drain the oil.
- Sprinkle with salt if desired and drizzle peanut sauce over top.
Braised Boneless Short Ribs
- 1 ½ pounds boneless short ribs
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Grapeseed oil (it was actually avocado oil)
- ¼ cup yellow onion, rough chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 6 dried bird's eye chili
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 4 small bay leaves
- 2 oranges, cut in half
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Season beef short ribs with salt and pepper.
- Heat Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium high heat. Drizzle with oil until it starts smoking. Add beef ribs into the pan and brown one side then flip over and brown on the other side until golden brown.
- Add in onions, garlic, birds eye chili, cinnamon sticks, and bay leaves.
- Squeeze the orange juice into the pot to deglaze the pan and then add in the rind. Pour in the chicken stock and cover.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 hours until tender.
JJ’s Tip: Instead of deglazing short ribs with red wine, deglaze with orange juice.
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Add the peanut butter, water, brown sugar, rice wine vinegar, and soy sauce to a medium bowl and whisk ingredients until combined and smooth.