- Fried Potato Wedges with Truffle Cheese
- Oil for frying
- 4 large russet potatoes, cut into thick wedges
- 1 block of truffle pecorino or parmesan cheese
- Truffle oil for drizzling
- Spring onions or freshly parsley, minced, for garnish (optional)
InstructionsIn a large dutch oven heat the oil to 200-250 degrees. Blanch the fries in olive oil for about 3-4 minutes and remove to a wire rack and allow to rest and drain excess oil. Bump the temperature up to 350 degrees and gently place in the blanched wedges and fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove the wedges from the oil and drain excess oil on a plate lined with a paper towel. Sprinkle the wedges with salt, drizzle of truffle oil, and grate the truffle cheese over top. Garnish with fresh herbs, if desired, and serve!