Chef JJ takes this recipe back to his roots adding shrimp to homemade burgers.
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 bird’s eye chili, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup panko
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallions
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 potato slider buns (potato bun slider)
- Place 1 pound of the shrimp into a food processor. Add celery, eggs, chili pepper, and soy sauce, and pulse until there is a mix of finely minced and coarsely chopped pieces of shrimp, about 5 (5-second) pulses.
- Gently fold the panko crumbs, lemon zest, parsley, and scallions into the shrimp mixture to combine. Chop remaining 1/2 pound shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces and fold into the mixture. Season with a bit of salt and black pepper.
- Shape mixture into medium patties (the size of a burger). Heat some oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until oil begins to shimmer.
- Place 3 shrimp balls in a pan, flattening with a spatula to 1/2-inch thickness.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until the edges turn pink, and the burger looks golden. Turn over and cook for a few minutes until golden brown and firm. Repeat with remaining oil and shrimp patties.
- Place the burgers on the potato buns and serve with Quick Pickled Slaw.
Chef JJ , gullah food , gullah recipes , homemade shrimp burger , Just Eats with Chef JJ , Recipes , Seafood recipes
Also On CLEO TV: