Homemade Bacon and Brown Sugar Pancakes by Chef Resha
Chef Resha whips up homemade brown sugar pancakes drizzled with bacon-infused maple syrup. Plus, find out the ingredient she uses to give her pancakes that extra fluffiness.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted and cooled slightly
- ½ pound cooked bacon (5–6 slices), crisped (feel free to use more)
- light brown sugar for sprinkling
- oil or butter to coat your griddle or skillet (I used butter )
- Bacon Maple Syrup Ingredients
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cooked bacon, chopped
InstructionsBacon and Brown Sugar Pancakes
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl to combine.
- Whisk egg, vanilla, and melted butter into the milk mixture (or buttermilk) until combined.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients in a bowl; pour in milk mixture and whisk very gently until just combined (a few lumps should remain). Do not over mix.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes; add 1 teaspoon oil or butter and brush to coat the skillet bottom evenly. If using an electric griddle, you can set the heat to the second-highest or highest setting (depending on the strength of your griddle).
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto 3 spots on skillet; sprinkle bacon and brown sugar over each pancake.
- Cook pancakes until large bubbles begin to appear, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Using a thin, wide spatula, flip pancakes and cook until golden brown on the second side, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer.
- Serve immediately with butter and bacon-maple syrup, and repeat with the remaining batter.
- Pour 1/2 cup maple syrup into a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in the brown sugar and bring to a soft simmer.
- Add the bacon and stir gently. Alternately, you can microwave the syrup until warm, about 20 to 40 seconds, then add the bacon.
- Turn off the heat and cover while you make the pancakes.
Chef Resha recipes , homemade pancakes recipe , New Soul Kitchen , New Soul Kitchen recipes , pancakes recipe , Recipes
Also On CLEO TV: