- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- ¼ Scotch bonnet pepper, chopped with seeds
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 (4- ounce) bass fillets, skin on and de-scaled
- Combine all the ingredients except the fish in a blender and puree until smooth and completely combined.
- Take the fish and lightly score the skin diagonally in four places with a sharp knife, making sure not to cut too deeply.
- Place the fish in a non-reactive container with a lid and cover with the jerk marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and put a cast iron grill pan in the oven to heat until it’s very hot (test by sprinkling a drop of water on the pan to see if it sizzles).
- Remove the fish from the marinade and pat dry. Place in the hot pan skin side down and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Turn the fish and cook for 5 more minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serving Size: 4-6
Caribbean recipes , Chef JJ Johnson , easy fish recipes , how to cook fish , Jamaican Jerk Fish , Jerk Red Snapper , Just Eats with Chef JJ
Also On CLEO TV: