2 tablespoons EssieSpice Mango Chili Medley, divided
2 tablespoons EssieSpice Coco For Garlic Sauce, divided
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 (16-ounce) can of tomato sauce
3 medium fresh tomatoes, pureed
Avocado oil for drizzling
3 cups of jasmine rice – washed
Preparation for Lamb Meat
1. In a deep saucepan, add 1/3 cup of coconut oil
2. Add cleaned lamb shank, thyme, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Dice one onion into medium pieces and add to the pot along with two chopped shallots,
scallions, half of the scotch bonnets, half of the ginger, half of the EssieSpice EssieSpice
Mango Chili Medley and EssieSpice Coco For Garlic Sauce, thyme, and rosemary. Cook
until the onions are translucent and lightly caramelized.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer and add three to four cups of water. This would cook for about 30
to 35 minutes so the meat is soft and tender. You might have to turn the meat half way
during the cooking process. The stock is to be used for the jollof later.
5. Once the lamb is done stewing, put the meat on a roasting pan or sheet tray and drizzle with
avocado oil. Roast on350 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes. Set aside for later.
Preparation for Jollof
1. In a large saucepan, add ⅓ cup coconut oil on medium heat.
2. Once oil is hot add two sliced onions, two sliced shallots, and cook down for about three
3. Add the other half of the scotch bonnet or habanero, garlic, ginger, tomato paste. Cook for a
couple more minutes so the onions continue to cook down. Add the tomato sauce, diced
tomatoes, and tomato paste. Cook down for another five minutes.
4. Add half of the EssieSpice Mango Chili Medley and half of theEssieSpice Coco For Garlic
Sauce and the reserved homemade stock. Allow to stew for an additional 20 to 30 minutes
on medium to low heat. When the oil floats to the top that indicates the sauce is done.
5. Add jasmine rice. Stir and lower heat to allow the rice to cook with the sauce while covered
with foil and a lid. Add ½ cup of water and allow to cook for about 20 minutes.
6. Shred the lamb meat into the rice and stir. Cover again for another 5 to 10 minutes and the
dish is ready to serve.