- Avocado Oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 2 cups of cooked green lentils
- 2 cups of cooked black wild rice
- 1/8 cup of quick oats
- 1/4 cup of organic chickpea (garbanzo beans) flour
- 2 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 4 organic roma tomatoes
- 4 gluten-free hamburger buns (Udi's brand is sold in Whole Foods)
- Organic romaine lettuce hearts for topping
- Organic romaine lettuce leaves for wrapping
- 1/2 ripe organic avocado
- 1/2 cup of avocado oil
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds — nutiva brand preferred
- 2 tablespoon of shallots — usually 1 regular sized shallot equals that
- 2 teaspoon of fresh dill
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice — preferable squeezed from Key Limes
- 1/2 teaspoon of pink himalayan salt
- Lightly Sauté onion with garlic and fresh thyme in a pan with very little Organic Avocado Oil.
- First add the onion and garlic to a food processor and pulse until completely broken down. Then add in the lentils, rice, oats, seasoning and flour. Pulse until it resembles ground beef.
- Next form into your desired shape. Note: Add more flour if necessary.
- Bring a medium-sized pan up to medium heat and add in just enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Cook for about 5 minutes minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and allow the patties to rest for at least 5 minutes before using.
- In a blender combine the avocado oil. Hemp seeds, shallots, dill, lime juice, and salt and puree until smooth.
- Serve with the lentil burgers.
burger recipes , Chef JJ Johnson , Coach Gessie Thompson , Just Eats with Chef JJ , meatless burger recipes , Vegan Lentil Burger Recipe , vegan recipes , vegetarian recipes
Also On CLEO TV: