1 ½ pounds organic chicken thighs ( skin on boneless & bone in)
1-2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced ginger
2 tablespoons Ras El Hanout
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoons garlic powder
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
2 carrots cleaned and roughly chopped
Cooked couscous for serving
1. Add the olive oil and butter to the tagine pot on medium heat.
2. Add the onions and cook for about four to five minutes until the onions begin to soften.
3. In the meantime chop the chicken thighs into large pieces and add them into the pan.
Sprinkle the garlic, ginger, Ras El Hanout, cinnamon, onion powder, and garlic powder,
salt, and pepper. Stir the ingredients to combine.
4. Add about ¼ to ½ cup of water. Turn the pan down to medium low and simmer for about
20 minutes, covered.
5. Add the carrots and cook again for another 5-8 minutes. Serve with couscous.