- Total: 30 m
- Recipe Yield: 4
- 3/4 Cup Sushi Rice
- 1 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons Tamari
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kibbled nori
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed into small dice
- 1 Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (black, if available)
- Rinse the sushi rice thoroughly to get rid of excess starch. In a small saucepan, add the sushi rice, water and a pinch of salt and turn the heat on high. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until the rice is tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit, covered. Then finish the rice by fluffing with a fork to cool it off.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame oil, tamari, rice vinegar, and half of the kibbled nori to make the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop the rice into two bowls, then top with watermelon, cucumber, and avocado. Sprinkle with the sliced almonds and sesame seeds.
- Drizzle the dressing and top with remaining kibbled nori.
chef Porsche Thomas , healthy meals , New Soul Kitchen , poke bowl , vegan , vegan recipes , watermelon
Also On CLEO TV: