New Soul Kitchen’s Sweet Tooth: Apple Pie
- 2 dairy-free traditional flour pie crusts, room temperature
- ¾ cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 pounds mixed apples, peeled, cored, and cut into thin slices
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 2 ½ tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger and Add apples and lemon juice. Gently toss to combine until evenly coated.
- Place filling in one of the pie crusts, then dot with Earth Balance. Cover with other pie crust and gently press edges in to seal. Cut a large X on the top and gently pull back the corners of the X to allow steam to escape.
- In a small bowl, prepare 1 flax seed egg replacement as instructed. Brush the “egg” mixture onto the crust.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and continue baking until bubbly and the crust is golden, about an hour.
- Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour to set and then serve.
Apple Pie , Chef , CLEO TV , Episode 104 , Jernard Wells , Movie Poster , Porsche Thomas , Sweet Tooth
Also On CLEO TV: