- Recipe Yield: 4
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- Black pepper
- ½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- ½- ¾ cup haitan rum
- 1 store bought pound cake
- Ice cream for serving
- In a large sauté pan heat the butter over medium high heat.
- Add in the black berries, rosemary, a touch of black pepper, and brown sugar and let the berries reduce slightly.
- Add the Haitan rum and cook off the alcohol by setting a flame to the mixture. You can do this with a stick lighter, otherwise let it reduce.
- Serve a slice of pound cake with the sauce and a scoop of ice cream.