- Recipe Yield: 4
- 1 pound rigatoni
- 3 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced thin
- 3 shallots, sliced thin
- Grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- ½ cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 6-8 sprigs thyme
- ¼ cup mascarpone
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- Pecorino cheese for grating
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the rigatoni until al dente ( to the tooth) and drain.
- In the meantime, heat a large cast iron skillet or saute pan over medium high heat and add enough oil to coat the pan. Once the oil is hot begin to saute the mushrooms. Add more oil if necessary. Salt the mushrooms and add cracked black pepper.
- Add the shallots and sauté and once the mushrooms have browned and the shallots are caramelized and aromatic, add the white wine and let it reduce by half.
- Lower the heat and add the mustard and heavy cream and stir to combine, bringing the mixture back up to a simmer to reduce. Add more cream at the end if necessary.
- Add the tomatoes and thyme and stir to combine evenly then mix in the marscapone.
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with salt, pepper, and oil and then add it into the sauce. Mix the shrimp into the sauce and allow to cook until it turns pink in color. Taste the sauce for seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Add the pasta, parsley, and pecorino cheese and toss to combine.
Also On CLEO TV: