- 4 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup yellow stone cut grits
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 Lime, juice and zest
- 12 Carabineros Prawns (or jumbo shrimp)
- Grapeseed oil
- In a medium saucepan add the coconut milk and bring to boil. Slowly stream in the grits while whisking.
- Add the sugar, thyme, rosemary,butter, and lime zest and stir to combine. Let the grits come up to a boil and lower to a simmer and continue to cook, stirring often for about 30 minutes (add a little water to the grits if they get too thick before they are cooked).
- In the meantime, skewer three shrimp per stick, keeping the shells on.
- Heat a griddle over high heat, drizzle with oil, season the shrimp with salt and fresh cracked black pepper and grill a couple minutes on each side. Remove from heat and serve with a bowl of grits.
Also On CLEO TV: