- 4 bone in skin on chicken thighs
- Kosher salt
- Crack black pepper
- Grapeseed oil
- 5 medium purple potatoes, cut into ¼”-½” slices
- 1 jalapeno, sliced in thin rounds
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon aleppo pepper
- ½ red onion, sliced thin
- 3 lemons, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In an 8” or 9” cast iron skillet heat the oil over high heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and sear the chicken skin side down. Flip over and sear on the other side. Once the chicken thighs have seared on each side, remove from the pan.
- Lay the slices of potatoes around the bottom of the pan. Add the jalapenos and season with onion powder, Aleppo pepper, and salt.
- Place the chicken back on top and sprinkle the red onion over the top.
- Place the lemon halves around the top of the chicken and drizzle with more oil and sprinkle with fresh rosemary.
- Finish cooking in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to 165 degrees and the potatoes are tender.
Also On CLEO TV: