Chef Jernard adds some flavor to this chicken and rice dish.
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 roaster chicken cut into 6 pieces
- ¼ cup agave
- 1 cup uncooked Jasmine rice
- 2 lemons
- 2 -2 ¼ cups low sodium chicken broth
- Chopped cilantro or parsley for garnish
- SPANISH SEASONING MIX INGREDIENTS
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a small mixing bowl combine the smoked paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, coriander, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Divide the mixture in half and put aside.
- Place chicken in a medium bowl and sprinkle half of the seasoning mix onto the chicken and toss to coat each side.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the oil. Once hot add in the chicken skin side down. Drizzle the chicken with about one tablespoon of agave per side, cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a plate (it won't be cooked through at this point).
- To the same pan add jasmine rice and stir to toast slightly in the chicken juices. Then add juice from one lemon, chicken broth, the remaining seasoning, remaining agave, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken back into the pan of rice. Cut and lay lemon slices over top then cover and cook for 20-25 minutes until rice has cooked with no remaining liquid and the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with lemon slices, freshly chopped cilantro or parsley, and eat right away.
Also On CLEO TV:
Also On CLEO TV
Chef Jernard Cooks The Ultimate Fried Chicken and Peach Waffles | New Soul Kitchen
Chef Bren’s Quick Hack To Making The Perfect Beans in Half The Time | Culture Kitchen
Chef Bren Adds This One Key Abnormal Ingredient to her Mouthwatering Oxtails | Culture Kitchen
Relax, Relate, Release | Thank You Black Women