Temptation isn’t always a bad thing — especially when it comes to Chef Jernard’s tempura battered green beans that pack a crunch and a kick of flavor in each bite.
- Tempura Battered Green Beans Ingredients
- Canola or vegetable oil for deep frying
- 2 cups tempura flour
- 1-2 cups sparkling or seltzer water
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wasabi Mayo Dipping Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon wasabi
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut milk
InstructionsMix together the tempura flour and sparkling water in a large bowl slowly pouring in the liquid until the desired consistency. The consistency shouldn't be too thin or too thick, should look similar to pancake batter. Season with salt and pepper. Add the green beans into the batter and coat evenly. Add oil to a large heavy bottom saucepot. Heat until the oil gets up to 350 degrees F. Fry the green beans until golden brown and drain the excess oil on a plate with a paper towel. In a medium mixing bowl mix together the mayo, wasabi, and coconut milk and set aside for dipping.