My business has been home-based for the past 19 years, I started a consulting and entertainment company that quickly developed into so much more. My company, DYG Management Group, LLC was formed to educate, empower, and provide entertainment. I have worked with Syleena Johnson for the past 17 years and various other entrepreneurs, artists, and business leaders.
In 2020, I launched my second home-based business, Dr.Syleecia Productions Corp. This was a response to the pandemic and my desire to produce, develop, and create media, digital content, courses, and books.
In the past, home-based businesses were not taken seriously, they were looked at like “oh you got a little hobby, I see…” but that’s not the case today. Home-based businesses are the fastest-growing segment of our economy. Guess what is driving that growth? Technology! Yes, technology has made it easy for you to make money in your pajamas. Here are some surprising facts and data about home-based businesses:
- A growing number of Americans are starting home-based businesses. According to the Small Business Administration, 52 percent of all businesses are home-based, and that number has steadily increased in recent years.
- 64 percent of surveyed small businesses use social media in their marketing strategy and why not it’s free. It’s a perfect combination: Starting a business from your home AND being able to leverage technology as your go-to resource. COVID-19 hit small businesses hard. Thirty percent are non-operational. You have to be smart when you choose your industry.
There are many businesses that can be started from home with ease. Here are a few ideas:
- Healthcare business
- Coaching, consulting, content creator
- Commercial and residential real estate
- Appraisal services
- Website designers
- SEO consultant
- Social media manager
- Online courses
- Amazon reselling
- Your own Shopify store
- Affiliate sales and networking marketing
- Virtual assistant
- Joining Fiverr
For more information on the best businesses to start from home, watch my IGTV series on CLEO TV’s Instagram.
Until next time,
To watch The Startup series, tune in to CLEO TV’s IGTV page. Follow CLEO TV on Instagram and turn on our notifications button. We’ll see you at home with Dr. Syleecia.