Idris Elba announced on Monday, March 16 that he tested positive for the coronavirus. He stated that he feels okay and has not exhibited any symptoms yet but he has taken the proper measures to isolate himself in order to avoid exposure others to the virus.
In a video that the actor posted to his Twitter page, he said, I got tested because I realized I was exposed to someone who had also tested positive.”
He and his wife are now quarantining themselves.
“I feel ok, I have no symptoms so far but have been isolated since I found out about my possible exposure to the virus,” Elba explained.
Elba advised people to “be pragmatic” and practice social distancing in order to prevent infecting one another. The actor told fans that he will keep them updated on how he’s doing and there’s no need to panic.