Pair this asparagus almondine recipe with Chef Jernard’s crab-stuffed cajun catfish recipe.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends discarded
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the almonds and toss gently. Cook until they are slightly aromatic.
- Add the asparagus and toss to coat in the butter and almonds, and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté for a few minutes until tender, it should be no more than 10 minutes.