- Total: 13 m
- Recipe Yield: 6
- 3 cups collard greens, shredded into thin ribbons
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ English cucumber, thinly sliced, skin left on, sliced into half moon shapes
- ¼ cup coconut dressing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Adzuki Red Beans
- ¼ cup candied cashews
- In a large bowl, toss the greens with the onion and cucumber with just enough dressing to coat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top the salad with the beans and candied cashews.
JJ’s Tip: In order to get consistent paper thin slices of red onion, use a mandolin.
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 shallots, chopped
- ¼ cup canned chipotles in adobo
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- Put the cumin seeds in a small dry saute pan. Toast over medium heat until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Combine the toasted cumin seeds with the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Store in a covered non reactive container. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
- Make sure to buy the unsweetened Azuki red beans, canned or dry.
- You can make your own candied cashews or buy them pre-made at a specialty store.
Also On CLEO TV: