- 1 pound ground beef or chicken
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- Vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- ½ cup of Velveeta
- ¼- ½ cup diced bread and butter pickles
- 8-10 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg white
- Oil for frying
- Serve with sweet thai chili sauce
- Preheat a medium saute pan over medium heat. Add a little bit of oil and the onion and sauté until it’s translucent.
- Add the ground beef or ground chicken to the pan and break into small pieces with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper and cook until the meat starts to brown. As it cooks continue to break up the meat clumps then drain out the meat juices and add in the cheese.
- Mix until all the cheese is melted into the meat then stir in the pickles.
- Heat the oil to about 350 degrees and begin preparing the egg rolls. Gently whisk the egg white with a little water to create an egg wash for sealing the egg rolls.
- To roll the egg rolls: place an egg roll wrapper on a diamond. Spread roughly 2 tablespoons of cheeseburger filling in a line. Make sure to leave an inch on each side.
- Gently fold the corner that's closest to you over the cheeseburger filling, and tuck under the filling. Fold both side corners toward the center of the wrapper.
- Using your fingers or a pastry brush dip into the egg wash and run it along the edges of the wrapper. It should look like an envelope.
- Fry the cheeseburger egg rolls in batches until golden brown (placing the sealed side down in the pan first). Turn once the bottom side turns golden brown in color.
- Serve Sweet Thai Chili sauce with Cheeseburger Egg Rolls.
cheeseburger egg rolls recipe , Chef Jernard recipes , cooking show , New Rouls Kitchen recipes , New Soul Kitchen , Recipes
Also On CLEO TV:
Also On CLEO TV
Chef Jernard Cooks The Ultimate Fried Chicken and Peach Waffles | New Soul Kitchen
Thank Her For Her Service | Thank You, Black Women
Chef Bren’s Quick Hack To Making The Perfect Beans in Half The Time | Culture Kitchen
Chef Bren Adds This One Key Abnormal Ingredient to her Mouthwatering Oxtails | Culture Kitchen