Chef Jernard’s Ramen Bowls | New Soul Kitchen Remix Recipe of the Week
Grab your ramen noodles, friend! Chef Jernard is about to change your life with his tasty twist on homemade ramen bowls!
Keep scrolling for details on how you can get cookin’!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 heads bok choy, leaves separated
- 1 portobello cap, cleaned and sliced
- 2 small jalapeno, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup mirin
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ quarts chicken stock
- Kosher salt
- Cracked black pepper
- 8 ounces ramen noodles
- 1 cooked turkey breast, shredded
- 3 soft boiled eggs, halved
- Bean sprouts for garnish
- 3 scallions, sliced for garnish
- Hoisin sauce for serving
- Hot sauce for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the bok choy, portobello, one half of a jalapeno, garlic, and ginger. Toss the vegetables in the pan and cook for roughly 4 minutes until the bok choy wilts and the mushrooms soften.
- Add the mirin, soy sauce, and chicken stock and bring up to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the noodles and cook according to package instructions.
- In the last 1-2 minutes of the noodles cooking add the shredded turkey breast.
- Serve the ramen with soft boiled eggs, half of a jalapeno, bean sprouts, scallions, hoisin sauce, and hot sauce to your liking.