Grab your avocado oil, minced garlic onions, and bacon. Chef Jernard adds flavor to maple and balsamic brussels sprouts with this technique.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 4 strips bacon (pork or turkey) cut into 1/4-1/2inch pieces
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a cast-iron skillet cook bacon in butter to render the fat. Add the garlic and shallots and saute.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts, olive oil, salt, and pepper into the pan with the bacon.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes stirring to combine and then add the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Sauté for another few minutes to coat evenly and reduce slightly.
- Remove from the cast iron pan and drizzle with the rest of the maple syrup, salt, and pepper to taste.