Seafood Crazy: Make A Delicious Lobster Pot In These Easy Steps
- Total: 45 m
- Recipe Yield: 4
- Grape-seed oil
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 serrano chilies, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, rough chopped with skin on
- 1 medium yellow onion, rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 pound mussels
- 2 dozen Cherry Stone clams
- 3 ears corn, cut in quarters
- (5) 4 ounce pieces halibut
- (2) 1 1/2 pound lobsters
- 2 cups white wine
- 4 cups seafood stock
- 2 limes, cut in quarters
- 2 lemons, cut in quarters
- 1 baguette, sliced and grilled
- Split the raw lobster down the back and crack the claws. In a large stock pot or Dutch oven, cook the lobster in water until it turns bright red.
- In another saucepan or Dutch oven cover bottom of pan with oil and heat over medium high heat. Add butter and when it starts to melt halfway, add onion, ginger. serrano chili, turmeric, cilantro and season with salt and stir until combined.
- Add mussels, clams, and corn. Season the halibut with salt and pepper and place on top of the shellfish and corn.
- Add the cooked lobster on top of all the seafood and pour in white wine and stock.
- Place the limes and lemons on top of the seafood, season the pot with salt, and cover. Cook until the shellfish have opened, halibut is white and cooked through, and the corn is bright yellow.
- Serve with grilled slices of baguette
Source: Just Eats / CLEO TV
- Heat oil and butter together so that the butter doesn’t burn due to low smoke point.
- Seafood should be bought fresh the day you will cook it.
Also On CLEO TV: