Chef Ahki reveals three gluten-free and dairy-free ingredients that can be substituted for traditional pasta made with eggs. Check out the full recipe below.
- 8 oz chard chopped small
- 15 oz vegan ricotta
- 2 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp. chia seed covered with water)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
- Fill a large stockpot with water and bring to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and cook until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Toss butternut squash with oil, salt, and pepper and spread evenly on the baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until squash is softened. Remove squash to a bowl and use a fork or potato masher to mash the squash to a coarse consistency.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepot, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in flour and cook for another minute, stirring constantly. Add milk, mustard powder, and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Remove from heat.
- Stir ricotta, 1½ cups cheese, chia egg, parsley, and oregano together in a large bowl.
- In a steamer, steam chard for 4-5 minutes until stems are tender. Remove from heat and stir into ricotta mixture. Spread a thin layer of sauce into the bottom of the pan. Add three lasagna noodles. Cover with a layer of the ricotta mixture and a layer of butternut squash. Repeat with the remaining noodles, sauce, ricotta, and squash. Top with the remaining ½ cup of vegan cheese.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes, until browned and bubbling. Let cool for five minutes in the pan, and serve hot.