Momma’s Kitchen Sink Meatloaf Recipe by Chef Jernard
Chef Jernard makes momma’s kitchen sink meatloaf packed with spices and veggies. Plus, he serves this dish with his tender garlic roasted potatoes recipe.
- MEATLOAF INGREDIENTS:
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 cup of yellow corn
- 1/2 cup sweet peas
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 can of Chipotle in Adobo sauce, diced
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the beef, oatmeal, onion, coconut milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, corn, sweet peas, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Use your hands to blend and mix these ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Add the ground meat mixture into a loaf pan patting the meat down into an even layer.
- In a small bowl mix 1/4 cup ketchup, Chipotle Adobo sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar until combined.
- Pour half of the sauce on top of the meatloaf spreading into an even layer.
- Save half of the sauce until after it bakes in the oven.
- Bake the meatloaf uncovered for about 55 minutes. Let the meatloaf rest for
- 8-10 minutes before it is served (it may fall apart without resting).
Chef Jernard , Chef Jernard recipes , meatloaf recipes , New Soul Kitchen , New Soul Kitchen recipes
Also On CLEO TV: